Sunday, February 03, 2019

SUN 03 FEB 2019 to THUR 28 FEB 2019; J O Visits! mid-month

SUN 03 FEB 2019- Right now after sunset, at 6:20PM it is 52 Fahrenheit outside. What a relief after this past week's Polar Vortex!

Dad and I served at the noon Mass, and Mom attended with us. Fr Adam Potter celebrated the noon Mass, and Deacon Tom Berna served (read the Gospel, and delivered the Homily), as well. Luca, El and Em, and Ted Wojcik were servers, Gerry Gasparella and I lectored (1 and 2, respectively), and Linda cantored. Don led the Cathedral choir with Ken (I assume).

Music and readings included the following:
Introit: Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice
Entrance Hymn: Where Charity and Love Prevail
Kyrie: Chant
Gloria from the Vatican Mass VIII
1st Reading: Jer 1:4-5, 17-19
Responsorial Psalm 71- Bernard Newell
2nd Reading:1 Cor 12:31—13:13 
Gospel Acclamation: Alleluia- A.G. Murray
Gospel Reading: Lk 4:21-30
Preparation of the Gifts: Lead Me, Lord- S. Wesley
Holy, Holy, Holy from the People's Mass by J. Vermulst
Acclamation from the Roman Missal
Amen from the Danish Mass (LP choir version)
Agnus Dei- Chant
Communion Antiphon- Let Your face shine down upon your servant
Communion Hymn- God Is Love - A. Murray
Communion Meditation- O Praise the Lord, My Soul- M. Ippolitov-Ivanov
Hymn of Praise- Word of God, Come Down on Earth
Dismissal, Including the  Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
Following Dismissal- Communal Blessing of the Throats, as well as Individual Blessings Given after Mass

I had a chance to chat with Fr Kris before Mass.
That selection from 1 Corinthians is a favorite of many. I meditated (as usual) on it, e'en in the wee hours last night.

D and M went for fish and chips East of Pittsburgh, I went for poke in Oakland.

MON 04 FEB 2019- Early morning ankle imaging. Took the bus. Appointments starting in the mid-afternoon with Dr Joon and with Dr. Anita. Dad drove to those two, and sat in on the appointment with Dr Joon, who was pleased with my progress. Meeting with Nina, Brittany, Tess, Kathryn, and Akwasi (remotely) for the SEED committee at AsPgh.

TUE 05 FEB 2019- Early morning physical therapy. Prayerful disembarker from the bus. Happy Chinese New Year! Year of the Piglet. Mom, Dad, and I carpooled with N and B D to meet up with Tita T, Tito L,, Auntie L, and Uncle C., and Dr P. Enjoyed a delicious repast in Whitehall at an excellent Chinese restaurant.
 Took care of correspondence, that afternoon, as well. Made future medical appointments.

WED 06 FEB 2019- Drove Dad and I to Bible Study, and we both attended. Stopped in to his eye doctor with Mom in the South Hills. Made more future medical appointments. Rainy Day...wanting rest.

THU 07 FEB 2019- Day started at sunrise at about 50 Fahrenheit, temperature climbed to mid- 60s Fahrenheit. Early morning painting of doors on the floor. Looked for a packet in a Priority Mailer. Mom and I went to S for our haircuts. Shq came by. Choir practice. I feel appreciated by my fellow choristers---really liked my reading, which I had practiced at Bible Study WED 30 JAN 2019.

FRI 08 FEB 2019-Early morning physical therapy. Pointed out the beautiful skyline over the Southside Hillslopes to Kayla, PTA. She noted that i was doing pretty deep squats to view that. Above, a wash of grey clouds, perfectly delineated below with a thin line of warm light. Projected from that horizontal line of light was a plethora of rays of light to the cool hillslide below.
Went for a mid-morning hair styling in the North Hills. Mailed a letter at 3.20 PM, in time for the last pick-up near Saint Paul Cathedral on Dithridge. Chilling right now, as there have been flurries and freezing gusty winds all day today. Found my packet in a Priority Mail envelope I had started to look for less than 24 hours ago. Difficult to locate things when they are filed neatly away. Glad it was close by.

SAT 09 to SUN 10 FEB 2019- Lay low with bronchitis and with gastrointestinal flu.

MON 11 FEB 2019- Better than this weekend, but lay low still.

TUE 12  FEB 2019- Physical therapy, cancelled an appointment with T Mc. Stopped by Dr. Dennis' office for a tooth repair.

WED 13 FEB 2019- Early morning yearly imagings. Ate breakfast at Mom and Dad's place. Shq was by. Went with Debbie downtown for cough drops and for dinner catered by Big Burrito  (with  Lee Terbosic, native Pittsburgher and Houdini-esque magician appearing in Liberty Magic: Lee Terbosic in IN PLAIN SLEIGHT,
https://www.trustarts.org/production/61780/liberty-magic-lee-terbosic-in-in-plain-sleight

and a mentalist, Dennis Watkins, who "mind melded" with a fellow diner at my table), then Liberty Magic starring Eric Jones.
https://www.trustarts.org/production/61779/liberty-magic-eric-jones-in-impossible
Here's a video of the three:
https://www.trustarts.org/pct_home/events/series/liberty-magic/video
which DR and I watched on Liberty Ave and on the board by the Cultural Arts at 7th and Penn Avenue.
Went past the PPG Paints arena on the way home; the Penguins scored two points while we were on the way home.

THU 14 FEB 2019-  J O arrived mid-morning from the bus and bearing two dozen roses---one for her and one for Mom for Valentine's Day. Chillin' day.

FRI 15 FEB 2019- Mid-morning physical therapy, then went directly to the museum for Dino Dig Extended Lesson Plan. Picked up a book about the Amish, made my way to Mom and Dad's. Had lunch. M, D, J O, and I with WA's family went to Orient Kitchen for dinner. Delicious! Our favorite waitress informed us of the closure of the restaurant.
Signing of multiple copies of documents by family members. MM and kids departed earliest, after enjoying half of J O's nekkid chocolatey-good sheet cake.

SAT 16 FEB 2019- M, D, J O, and I went to afternoon 4 PM Mass at the Oratory. Fr. Paul Werley celebrated Mass. WA came over for dinner of leftover Chinese food. J O had enrobed the other half of the sheet cake with egg white- marshmallow creme frosting for a second celebration of D's birthday.

SUN 17 FEB 2019- Mailed a letter to E PA. WA picked up his family, and they visited at Lolo and Lola's home, brought J O to the airport.

MON 18 FEB 2019- Afternoon physical therapy (caught a ride from D and M), appointment downhill, met up with D and M at Montefiore Hospital, for the annual check-up. Watched Jeopardy! and America's Got Talent- The Champions. I voted for Shin Lim, the up-close magician, and he won. Darcy Lynn, who was voted second, already has a tour scheduled. Close-up magic may be a wave for magicians and mentalists to catch!

TUE 19 FEB 2019- Homemade morning card! Dad and I brought me to the museum for the monthly  training meeting. Erin Peters gave a talk on the pigments of the Carnegie Boat. Quite interesting. U Alex and J O called Dad. WA stopped by this afternoon. Last Jeopardy! episode before the Champions play tomorrow night.

WED 20 FEB 2019- It snowed about 4-5 inches between 8 and 9 AM this morning. Dad and I decided against attending Bible Study, and I rescheduled an injection appointment. Today was quite CHILL...watched the nightly news, NBC Nightly News, and the first episode of Jeopardy, the Champions show.

THU 21 FEB 2019- Early morning physical therapy. Signed up, All of Us. ShqM stopped by. Amended all of us. Back to choir practice tonight. Ken asked about the Philippine Nationality Room, so I talked about the Bahay na Bato, and the social-political statement regarding the wooden cladding.

So great to see my choir buddies again. Cathy made butter cake with crunchy cinnamon topping.

FRI 22 FEB 2019- All morning took care of alerts and attended Egyptian Extended Tour training. Dad and I went grocery shopping in Friendship/Shadyside and in Bloomfield. Lots of fruits and vegetables! I prepared a MASSIVE do it yourself chef salad for dinner with M and D. Exchanged historical photos with LS. We giggled over the memories of Point Reyes.

SAT 23 FEB 2019- Sent photos to LMG regarding our visit to the quarry in Ohio. We reminisced as I made  pancakes for D and M. Preparing to go shopping with M.

SUN 24 FEB 2019- Watched Mass with Mom via television ministry.Treated D and M to poke from central Oakland. Watched the Academy Awards from start to finish with D. Great, interesting outcomes in various categories. Wicked wind from this morning until Monday at noon.

MON 25 FEB 2019- Slow morning, caught up on electronic correspondences. Had lunch of mixed green salad with walnuts, blueberries, sharp cheddar cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. D and I went to the Waterfront for gasoline and for a large bottle of honey. I made Baja shrimp rice bowl for our dinner.

TUE 26 FEB 2019- I had that afternoon physical therapy in the afternoon, then visited with a friend in Oakland.

WED 27 FEB 2019- Went with Dad for Bible study with  Fr. Peter Gruber (17). Afterwards we went to Friendship/ Shadyside for grocery shopping for fruits and eggs. In the evening DR and I went for a showing of BlackkKlansman at the Waterfront (after a dinner of burgers, fries, and a side).
Great movie, with wonderful parallel cinematography. Oscar/ Academy award for Best Screenplay. A Spike Lee joint...
Topher Grace portrayed David Duke; Harry Belafonte played a person talking about racial/ hate crimes; Donald Trump played himself.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7349662/?ref_=nv_sr_1

THUR 28 FEB 2019- Early morning physical therapy, ShqM stopped by, a very tense choir practice. Spoke to DKF about it, and Emailed KDS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home