Wednesday, April 17, 2019

WED 17 APR 2019 to SAT 20 APR 2019

WED 17 APR 2019- Delivered choir Easter candy to those who ordered it from Bible Study. Fr. Mike Darcy led the discussion; we read and discussed this year's Gospel reading from John. There were 13 of us who attended, readings for Easter Sunday.

I had a meeting with a friend in South Oakland this afternoon, and I had submitted my proxy yesterday so that I could miss a building meeting. L[squared]. W and MM, B and S and I had dinner at Luma restaurant to celebrate various birthdays.MM, M and I had the entree crabcake salad--Mixed greens* cherry tomatoes* roasted red peppers* scallions* granny smith apples* mango vinaigrette. Various other dishes were ordered around about the table.

THU 18 APR 2019- Holy Thursday 2019- Morning physical therapy.
In the evening M and I watched while D attended the Holy Thursday Mass celebrated by Bishop David Zubik at the Cathedral. Deacon Tim Deely served, and I spotted Frs. Kris Stubna and Mark Thomas. After the Gospel, the washing of the feet by Bishop Zubik was accompanied by the choir singing Peter Latona's "Mandatum." This is the first Lent since the re-grouping of parishes in Fall 2018. The apostles were seated, Bishop Zubik washed each of their feet, carefully dried them, and kissed the feet. Our friend, Jeannette, the 6th apostle, was moved to tears. The 8th apostle was a young man (probably in the service, or just patriotic) who wore a T shirt emblazoned with "Don't Tread on Me." Fr Adam Potter delivered the homily. Nathan and Stephanie S and Tamika participated in the Presentation of the Gifts. During Communion I spotted Dad, my neighbor Ann L**, my fellow lector Sarah R, Perrin and Nancy, and Alex and Christen's parents. The Communion meditation was
Jesu Dulcis - Robert Farrell
and after Transfer of the Holy Eucharist, during which we sang
Pange Lingua Gloriosi
The choir sang
O Bone Jesu- Robert Farrell
followed by the stripping of the altars (of cloths and of candle sticks) in silence.

FRI 19 APR 2019- Good Friday 2019- Early afternoon meeting with my ankle surgeon. Stephanie, the med student, did my intake. Got a new brace. Stopped in chez M-- saw the televised veneration of the Cross with the 2 choirs singing Misere mei, Deus (G. Allegri). I arrived at the Cathedral in time for the collection for sacred places in the Holy Land. During Communion a piece new to the choir this season was sung
Psalm 22
and the Post- Communion Meditation was
Crucifixus- Robert G. Farrell
which I recorded.

Choir dinner after Good Friday service @ an American restaurant nearby. I had the fish sandwich...with tons of fish! Jonathan P was there, as were ~17 more of us at one table. Richard T also was spotted, and JP stated that it was time (after 3 sightings of RT) for a photo. We had a group photo, as well. A wonderful time was had by all!
I turned in early on Friday.

SAT 20 APR 2019- As Shq had a death in the family, I did not see her today. I was sent on a grocery-shopping errand to find, among other things, hot crossed buns.
Do not look for hot crossed buns in a grocery store, grocery store bakery, or stand-alone bakery the day before Easter in Pittsburgh. You are guaranteed to be disappointed.
I made two trips, one to Bloomfield and another to Friendship/Shadyside. All this after I had made phone calls to various stores and bakeries. Note to self--- order baked goods ahead of time.

I helped M with her Facebook posts SAT evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home