Saturday, June 01, 2019

SAT 01 JUNE 2019 to the Dedication of the Philippine Nationality Room, 09 JUNE 2019


SAT 01 JUNE 2019- D and I went to Downtown to run an errand, and also to say a fond farewell to Arthur, as we handed off homemade banana bread. We chatted for a little bit in the hotel lobby, until it was almost time for his ride to go.

Will work on a project at the library after lunch. (I did.)

SUN 02 JUNE 2019- Lector (1) at Cathedral today's noon Mass with Deborah (2). Tom Berna was our deacon today. Fr Kris Stubna celebrated the Mass, with Ted W and Luca as servers. Dad was one of the Eucharistic Ministers. Shane cantored and Don with the choir and Ken provided additional music ministry from the loft.


The celebration of the Mass this Seventh Sunday of Easter included:

Introit: Hearken, O Lord, unto my voice which has called out to you, alleluia, my heart declared...
Entrance Hymn: Jesus Promises Communnion
Lord, Have Mercy: Litany Tone
Gloria: C. Andrews
First Reading: Acts 7:55-60
Sung Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 97- Proulx/ Gelineau
2nd Reading:   Rev 22:12-14, 16-17, 20
Gospel Acclamation: Alleluia- O Filii et Filiae (adapted)
Gospel Reading:    Jn 17:20-26
Preparation of the Gifts: Christ the Lord is Risen Again (Arr. M. Burkhardt)
Holy, Holy, Holy- from the Community Mass- Richard Proulx
Memorial Acclamation- from the Community Mass- Richard Proulx
Amen- from the Community Mass- Richard Proulx
Agnus Dei- Chant Mass XVIII
Communion Antiphon- Father, I pray that they may be one..- Robert Farrell
Communion Hymn- Lord, You Have the Words- Richard Proulx
Communion Meditation- Now the Green Blade Rises- Robert Farrell
Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel 
Recessional Hymn- Go To the World
I haven't processed at the beginning nor end of the Mass since October, as usual.

D and M told me where to meet them after Mass in person in the front row. I quickly moved away from them( because D's "friend" showed up) towards MA Hvizdos and the teachers group to fill out the survey and to meet up with Fr. Kris.

D and M and I went to Costco, and further grocery shopping in Homestead and in Bloomfield. My ankle was bothering me, so I sat out all but the Costco shopping. Dave S. saw us at COstco; I said hello to Freddie VG at Costco.

MON 03 JUNE 2019- Major Hair styling today. Rested up from last night's shopping events and took Tylenol/ acetaminophen to recuperate during this afternoon. Have a couple of appointments (including physical therapy), then, though. After some computer correspondence with M---D, M, and I sat down to watch Jeopardy! James Holzhauer was thanked by Alex Trebek for a get well card from JH's daughter, Natasha. James uncharacteristically bet a low amount in Final Jeopardy, and conceded the champion spot to another contestant. I surmised that he must be missing his wife (whom he mentioned being in the audience perhaps once during his appearances as a contestant on the show) and daughter, and, as a professional sports gambler, was doing as in the Kenny Rogers Country Western song, "The Gambler":

..You got to know when to hold them
know when to fold them
know when to walk away
know when to run
...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo
Deadbolt unlocked when I got home (?!)

TUE 04 JUNE 2019- Paid bills, etc. Received an Amazon package. Chatted with MAHv this evening.

WED 05 JUNE 2019- D and I went to Bible Study, Fr Mike Darcy facilitiated discussion, with Fr. Peter Gruber plus10.  I proclaimed the 2nd reading for Pentecost for our benefit (see link below) 

1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 

Here is the podcast for our Bible Study session:
https://pittsburghoratory.podbean.com/e/bagels-bible-study-with-fr-drew-morgan-co-pentecost/ 

Interesting Thoughts @ 18"+, 43+" 
Most Generally @ 
https://pittsburghoratory.wordpress.com/bulletin/

Right before the noon Mass, M and I joined a very short line to venerate the incorruptible heart of St John Vianney at the altar of St Paul Cathedral. There was an usher and also there were Knights of Columbus facilitating the process. I handed off my cell phone to a very kind young woman to take our photos. M and I were the first styling clients of L at Supercuts this afternoon after lunch. We went to grocery and drugstore shopping in Friendship/ Shadyside, as well as in North Oakland and grocery shopping in Bloomfield. After putting away groceries D, M, and I had dinner and watched Emma win Jeopardy! once more.

THU 06 JUNE 2019-Ang J stopped by, I gave her the older of my 2 vacuum cleaners. Worked on sorting ketchup packets. Stopped by L's after I was not fully pleased with the turnout from yesterday. Acted as secretary as Mom translated phrases into Tagalog/ Pilipino for the dedication/ Opening of the Philippine Nationality Room at the Univesity of Pittsburgh. Chillin' now.

 FRI 07 JUNE 2019- Early this morning I did the early physical therapy appointment with Trevor, who assessed me after my exercises for ankle. He gave me the LIST of exercises for ankle. I stopped by D and M before my appointment for teeth cleaning with Sherry at the dentist's office. 

SAT 08 JUNE 2019- The big worry today was to renew library books. M and I attended the 16.00 Mass at the Pittsburgh Oratory. Fr Joshua Kibler celebrated the Mass.

SUN 09 JUNE 2019- Dedication of the Philippine Nationality Room at the University of Pittsburgh!
Pagdirigwang (Celebration) of the Dedication of the Philippine Nationality Room, University of Pittsburgh

14.00- Paghahandog- Ceremonial Dedication in Heinz Chapel
Ceremony Host- Dr. Rudy Furigay
PNR Task Force Chair- Fr. Manny Gelido
Vice Provost- Ariel Armony
Provost- Ann Cudd

*Presentation of the Symbolic Key
PNR Task Force
Chancellor Patrick Gallagher
Music- Kinding Sindaw

*Santacruzan Procession to the Cathedral of Learning
Reyna Fe
Reyna Esperanza
Reyna Caridad
Reyna del Santisimo Rosario
Reyna de la Paz
Reyna de las Flores
Reyna del Ciela
Reyna de los Angeles
Reyna/s Elena
Constantino
Reyna Emperatriz

~15.00 to 17.00- Ating Kultura- Cultural Program in the Common Room, Cathedral of Learning

*Santacruzan

*Introduction of the Reynas at Constantinos 
     Master of Ceremonies, Dr. Rudy Furigay
     Quo Vadis Student President, Reagan Harper

*Musical Interlude
      by Kinding Sindaw Melaya Heritage and 
      by Marisa and Isabel Acevedo

*Sariling Atin- Celebration of Philippine Dance Heritage (presented by FAAP)
     Banga
     Uyaoy
     Kandal Tajo
     Paunjulay
     Sinakiki
     Jota de Paragua
     Dinagyang 

*Barrio Piesta- Barrio Fiesta (Presented by Philippine-American Performing Arts of Greater Pittsburgh)
     Palaro (Children's Games during Fiesta)
     Tinikling (Fast National dance between clapping bamboo poles)
     Binasuan
     Bulaklakan
     Sayaw sa Bangko (Couples dance atop narrow, stacked benches)


*Kakain at Pampalamig- Snacks and Drinks= Refreshments
     Biko | Cassava Bibinka | Coconut Macaroons | Lumpianitos
               Milon Drink
*Eksibisyon-  Philippine Art Exhibit

*Tour of the Philippine Nationality Room, and of other Nationality Rooms

 17.00- Misa-  Solemn Mass in Heinz Chapel for Pentecost
Mass was concelebrated by Fr. Manny Gelido, Fr. Julius Capongpongan, Fr. Marlon Pates, Fr. Victor Baguna, and Fr. Vincent Concepcion.
3 Reynas bearing flowers placed them below the statue of the BVM
     Musicians included
Organist - Debbie Bernardi
Pianist - Marisa Acevedo
Violinist - Isabel Acevedo
Vocalists - Josephine Crooks, Miguel Raquid, and Theresa Vidas
Most sung acclamations were by Marty Haugen
Communion Hymn - Ang Katawan Ni Kristo (Behold the Body of Christ)- Ricky Manalo, CSP
Communion Meditation- Ave Maria- Francesco Santiago

18.00- Handaan- Dedication Dinner, Connelly Ballroom, Alumni Hall
18.00- Cocktails and Open Bar

19.00- Welcome
National Anthems- Robert Herold, Josephine Crooks

19.10- Invocation- Fr. Manny Gelido
Buffet Dinner
Open Bar
Reyna Fashion Show- Santacruzan Reynas

19.30- Nocturne from String Quartet No. 2- Aleksandr Borodin
Pianist - Marisa Acevedo
Violinist - Isabel Acevedo

Opening Address- Fr. Manny Gelido
     Speakers
Architect of Record- Warren Bulseco
Vice Provost- Ariel Armony

19.45 Entertainment
Kinding Sindaw Melayu Heritage
Open Dancing- DJ Christian
 Open Bar












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home