Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Arrival Survival for New Faculty



Here I am in my arrival to Pitt, this time as a new faculty member in the Department of Biological Sciences. Arrival Survival was the theme this fall at the University of Pittsburgh for the new, incoming students.

I went to the bookstore to check out the books in my class and those in other departments, too. On my way in, I was stopped by a few members of the ever-efficient arrival survival team, who offered to take my photo by one of the Panthers (the Pitt mascot). Here I am posing as a new faculty member on campus next to the Pitt Panther.

A couple of weeks later, I had a photo by the Cathedral of Learning fountain at the west entrance of the building. I love the palm plants that they have at that entrance for the past few years now.

The Cathedral of Learning houses the Nationality Room Classrooms described in an earlier post. Finally, here is a photo I took of the Cathedral of Learning on a warm, bright day in early October.

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 30, 2005 12:16:00 AM, Blogger M said...

I was going to leave some jokey comment about how you can work from home and make NO money, but now all those spam comments are gone so it wouldn't make any sense.

Nice blog!

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Spam, schmam.
I am so glad you showed me how to get rid of it!
Thanks SOO much Marissa!
your forever sis-in-law,
Mimi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home