A Recording Day

This past Thursday, the 29th of September, was my day for recording. In the morning, I made a movie introducing myself in American Sign Language. That evening, after teaching my last lab section for the week, I made my way to choir practice (for the St. Paul's Cathedral Choir in Pittsburgh). We recorded three musical background pieces for an upcoming television program on the windows of the Cathedral on WQED Pittsburgh. Afterward, I took out my camera and the recording team was nice enough to take a few shots of our choir. Before I returned to Synod Hall, I had a chance to listen with the headphones to snippets of the recorded pieces. We sounded amazing! What a difference it makes to hear our choir from the center of the Cathedral, rather than from the one end of the room whence we project.
This coming Sunday, 9th of October, 2005, is the Diocesan Choir Fest. Don Fellows, our Cathedral music director, is the head organizer of the event at Holy Trinity Church in Robinson Twp., south of Pittsburgh. Nine choirs are singing starting at ~5pm, and some pieces will be sung by the combined group of choirs. I am looking forward to this event.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home