Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Yesterday was Hallowe'en. I wore orange with orange & black socks (won at Babs's party) to work. After my reading at the Radio Information Service, I delivered scallions to Mom and Dad's home. I helped carry food into William, Marissa, and Atri's home, where Les and Cherie were already there. After a delicious dinner consisting of

Meatloaf
smoked mackerel (hand-carried from the Nederlands)
Rice
Stuffed eggplant
peg white and yellow corn
lemon cake

and after Atri had a chance to eat;
and after we handed out treats to Munch's Scream ghosts, pumpkin, princesses, and other children and teens wrapped in coats and covered by umbrellas;

William, Marissa and I headed to the "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" opening night at Heinz Hall. There was audience participation by individuals who were good spellers who auditioned for a part in that night's production. Some EXcellent spellers were part of the mix! And JESUS made a cameo appearance. We were told the future fates of the contestants; one girl was to become "the Secretary of Education under Pres. Bob Casey"! It was a wonderful evening, and Twinkle even slept the whole time we were away from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home