Happy Thanksgiving 2006
Maligayang araw ng pabo!
Today is Turkey Day. It is a warm day (50F) in Pittsburgh. After I attended the 8:15 Mass at St. Paul's Cathedral, saying hello to Angela, I went home to grade papers and to bake pumpkin pie dessert squares and returned to bring some canned goods for the food pantry. I ran into Laura and her family, as well as Amy and Teddy, Deacon Barry, and Don.
Then it was time for the Thanksgiving Meal. Mom prepared the turkey, and we all brought various dishes to the table. William, Marissa, and Beatrice from North Point Breeze; Kelly from New York City, and I descended on Mom and Dad's place. There were
~Main Course~
Carved turkey
Small lobsters
Mom's homemade dressing and gravy
Green bean casserole
Marissa's praline brulee mashed sweet potatoes
Variations on a theme by Marna Koch--Vegetable rice pilaf
Maggie Mae's cranberry cinnamon sauce
Grace and Amy's apple/winter pear/nectarine squlutch, seasoned with sweet spices
~Intermezzo~
Cathedral bread, Marissa's corn bread, sweet dinner rolls, butter, and Rouge et Noir Camembert
~Dessert~
Marissa's cranberry-oatmeal crisp
paired with
Rose Maitland's pumpkin pie squares
~Beverages~
Filtered water
Sparkling grape juices, red and white
~Postlude~
Coffee
Chocolate
Soda
As usual, we played karaoke, sang songs to Beatrice (some custom-written just for her), played "Fictionary" with books, napped, ate more, went for a walk, and had a great time. We are still enjoying our day.
Most of us reading this web log have a lot for which to be thankful, as last year.
Happy Thanksgiving 2006, all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home