Saturday, September 15, 2007

Day to Make a Difference 2007; Lunch; Anti-War Rally Sept 2007

This morning I helped to wrap lumpia for our lunch with William and Marissa's family. I then joined Natalie, Kelly and Bill, Erica, and Marian to prepare brunch for the residents of Family House. I was a two-fisted, double-panned scrambled egg short-order chef.

Lunch with Mom, Dad, Les, Cherie, William, Marissa, and Beatrice was wonderful. We had pot roast, fried and white rice, homemade lumpia with sauces, fruit, lemon cake with icing, and iced teas. The lumpia was a family effort; with mom making the filling, I rolling them, and dad frying them up. William and Marissa will go back next weekend for his high school reunion. There will be a dance, which Beatrice plans to attend, too. He is looking forward to seeing Steve and Denver.

A little before three this afternoon there was an anti-war/peace rally marching down Fifth Avenue with multi-car police escort. They were accompanied by a band. (How grand!)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home