St. Paul Cathedral Picnic 2007
Today I rose early (7am) to go to Giant Eagle to purchase condiments for the annual St. Paul Cathedral Picnic. Pastoral council is active in organizing this. I dropped the bottles off at the rectory and went home to get breakfast and to see Mom and Dad.
After the noon Mass I helped hand out buns. There was steak, pork chops, spiced chicken, and hot dogs. The salad was a green salad as well as potato and macaroni salad. After everyone was served, I joined Mom and Dad for lunch. I obtained orangeish desserts: A butterscotch blondie, pumpkin mini gob, and a pumpkin spiced cookie. After Mary Lou P. and I showed Mary how to use the accessible entrance (for her relative), we enjoyed a performance by the Oakland Catholic Choir. They performed an "Alleluia," as well as a prayer of Mother Theresa set to music. They sounded wonderful, after only two weeks of school. A little girl (who was seen earlier touching gently, greeting the Holy Family statue) walked up to the choristers while they were singing. Poignant moments...
Labels: celebration, children, pastoral council, singing, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home