Southern California Wildfires, 2007
There are a number of wildfires in the greater Southern California area, indicated on the map. I must contact my SoCal contacts to make certain all is well down their way. There is even a SoCal Wildfire 2007 blog.
~~~
I just returned from a meeting with Wellesley and other Seven Sisters alumnae, with the event led by Folly Patterson of the Wellesley Center for Work and Service (aka, the Career Center). The workshop was on "After Passages," about life transitions. We had a lively exchange over hors d'oeuvres and handouts. One interesting discussion ensued about computer communication and its difference from human contact. Great planning by Kelly U. and nice turnout! I handed off to Natalie M. a couple of CDs of RIS shows with Tim as guest speaker. I also shared with Natalie M. and Kelly U. the article from Jet Magazine which Marva had shared with me.
Back at Mom and Dad's home, Beatrice plays, despite a slight fever.
Back to grading!
~~~
Thursday, 25 October 2007; 9 AM
One of my friends and a University of California colleague emailed me yesterday about the fires in SoCal:
No fires in Riverside, just a lot of smoke.
Labels: alarm, Beatrice, blogs, geology, global warming, light, love, RIS, science, soils, thankfulness, water, weather, Wellesley, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home