Lent 2008
Ash Wednesday occurred over two weeks ago, on the 6th of February. Wow! That is really early: We'll celebrate Easter on the 23rd of March. Renee and I had a discussion about that, and she said it is practically the earliest that Lent CAN be. There were only 42 days between Christmas Day and Ash Wednesday. (I wonder when the last time that THAT happened?)
So today is a Friday in Lent. I'm abstaining today, and eating smaller meals during the day. To avoid getting cranky (or is it to avoid grading--?) I took a one and a half hour nap this afternoon after administering a practical exam, doing research for dad's computer, and purchasing him the computer across town.
~~~
Dad's new computer is actually a refurbished one, with Linux on it. But he was pleased to be able to play chess on the wireless connection in the store (the sales associate was impressed by his current ranking), and he was glad to see that an external mouse was included in the package deal. He can't print or use a USB port (only floppy disc port is included) with this computer; but for checking his email, playing chess, or checking his stock quotes online while away from home, this is fine.
I was pleased to make the purchase, since I thought it to be a great bargain. In exchange, I asked him to take me out to dinner sometime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home