Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow, snow, and more snow...then Rain.

Late last night it started to fall---the dry snow. Mid this afternoon it turned to rain.

I asked Ken if he used snow tires to get to Oakland this morning--"No, I just drove really slowly," he answered.

On the way home from work this afternoon, I slogged through the sidewalks and streets (dragging my backpack on wheels), past the short bus stops to Mom and Dad's place. I had a snack of cheese and milk, and plunked down in front of the TV to watch a rarely-viewed-by-me TV show, Oprah. This episode was to be about David Cassidy (Whooo! "I think I love you!"), my first rockstar-poster boy. I found that the TV station is instead continuously broadcasting breaking weather and PennDOT news and the school closings. I am so thankful for my traction.

Dad is on his way back from his medical mission in the Philippines...Mom has taken the bus to the airport to avoid the cold, crazy drive and commuter traffic combined to meet him. Can't wait to see him after a couple of weeks away.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home