Que Sera, Sera
I caught the tail end of the movie The Man Who Knew Too Much, a movie that my siblings and I had watched with my mom when we were very young, about five years old. I recall being interviewed when in college when I referred to a song from the movie, "Que Sera, Sera":
There was a movie we were watching when I was a very young child, with my mother...An American in Paris, or something of the sort. There was a song in the movie with lyrics:
Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be
And my mother turned to us children and deadpanned, "That is not true. You can control what happens to you." I will never forget that song and my mother's response to it.
Watch this Hitchcock movie and see the irony of the lyrics as the movie comes to a close.
Labels: cinema, international culture, school, singing, Songs, travel, Wellesley

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home