Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Cleaning/Organizing/Purging II

Mom and I spent five hours yesterday afternoon cleaning, purging, and organizing books and papers for donation and recycling from my work and former work places. I focussed on the living room, Mom focussed on the kitchen. We accomplished a lot, even though it didn't look like it in the living room...The CPU will be donated from the PC, as will a box of books from under the macaroni table.

I keep trying to remember the mnemonics for cleaning and organizing:

Only
Handle
It
Once
(as mentioned by my friend, Sue),

and

Sort
Purge
Assign a home
Containerize
Equilibrate
(after concepts mentioned in Julie Morgenstern's book, Organizing from the Inside Out.)

I will read her When Organizing Isn't Enough book on the S.H.E.D. concept soon:

• Separate the treasures - What is truly worth hanging on to?

• Heave the trash - What’s weighing you down?

• Embrace you - Who are you without your stuff?

• Drive Yourself Forward - Which direction connects to your genuine self?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home