Monday, June 30, 2008

My Sister's Keeper

After physical therapy today I finished reading a former New York Times bestseller, recommended to me by my first physical therapist after surgery---my home PT---Margie. This book is entitled My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult. Jodi's website is great, keeping her readers up-to-date about book tours, with podcasts (which I am currently listening to, as I write this post), and through interviews (e.g.--"Up Close and Personal"...one must take a peek at the section entitled "Do your kids read your stuff?")

To tell you the truth, I read this book because I told Margie what I was then currently reading (another NYT bestseller, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, a novel set largely in Pittsburgh, a novel recommended to me by my mom, who was given a copy by my sister Joyce, who read it); and she recalled My Sister's Keeper instead. Both very good stories.

I like Jodi Picoult's use of revolving first person throughout the book.

I'm going to KEEP reading!
Read On...
~~~
It turns out the movie of My Sister's Keeper is in production...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home