Saturday, August 23, 2008

Encyclopedia Research, Cardinal DiNardo

Today I went to the library to do some online research for my encyclopedia article. I stayed until my eyes hurt, then went to the reference desk for more information, then returned to print out one more article in the computer lab.

I went back to eat a hearty lunch of pasta, potatoes, and beef; some veggies, and soy milk flavored with syrup.

After a short nap, I went to choral warm up at four o'clock in Synod Hall. We practiced by ourselves and with Linda, the cantor; and Ken, the accompanist; and with the Carnegie Brass Quartet. We then proceeded to the Sacristy, where I was greeted warmly by Carol. The Mass of Thanksgiving was celebrated by His Eminence, Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Archbishop of metropolitan Houston-Galveston, Texas. The Mass was celebrated together with the Most Reverend David A. Zubik, Bishop of Pittsburgh and Bishop Paul Bradley, as well as other Bishops and priests.

The choir sang:
O Christ the Great Foundation
Gloria (Vatican Mass VIII)
Psalm 138 (M. Guimont)
Festival Alleluia (J. Chepponis)

The Lord Bless You and Keep You (J. Rutter)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Memorial Acclamation
Amen
(all from the Jubilation Mass, J. Chepponis)
Agnus Dei chant
Take and Eat (M. Joncas)
Ave Verum Corpus (C. Gounod)

Great Father of Light

I spoke to Linda's parents Sal and Connie after Mass. Gloria and I ran into Joel and his brother (I took their picture in Church), then headed downstairs for the reception. We had a chance to see the long line to talk to Cardinal DiNardo, said a 'lo to Fr. Breier, and said hello to Stacy's family (Gail, Richard, and her mom), as well as to Joan K. and Sr. Marietta.

I headed to dinner on Craig St. with much of the choir gang. Linda, Jonathan, and I all had fish tacos, Brenda said a hello to us, I ran into J., one of my former students and his parents, and our waiter Drew indicated that J.d., one of my former students, still worked there.

Jess, Karen, Ornella, Andrew, and I walked back as a group, and we bid each other a fond farewell after singing our goodbyes to Brenda.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home