Hello Kitty (Snowball); and Lisa's Celebration
Stopped by to visit Snowball today. He was so glad to see me, he ran up to me and rubbed up against me. I told Mom that I think he suffers from a jealousy of the children, as well as a dearth of patting.
Today it was well over 65 degrees Fahrenheit--the car's outside thermometer showed it at 72 degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon! The radio this morning mentioned that we may get close to record temperatures today...unseasonably warm temperatures.
Mom and I did some shopping this afternoon, and I'll be going to Lisa's celebration this evening.
~~~
10 AM Sunday
Lisa's celebration was fun! Don drove, while his GPS directed slightly posthandedly to me (who had directions from Ken). Quite the scene, with the GPS with an accent! ("That's rihght!") We arrived after Doug, Judi, and Mary Pat, as well as some of their neighbors. A bevy of friends from the local parish and neighbors arrived. We shared a plethora of appetizers, we "OOoo-ed and Aah-ed" about the tree and train set (as well as the action-figure Jesus), then progressed to the desserts. I tried almost all, and I particularly enjoyed the homemade raspberry-chocolate bars. After a chat with Fred, who arrived from Virginia despite a failed differential, we retired to the living room with birthday songs, carols (from a booklet copyright 1948), and a "march" entitled "Christ the King." I saw part of an organ pipe from the restoration (which Ken had someone mount upright on a plate). Quite the conversation piece.
We travelled back to my house (quite uneventful, as I had a Shirley Temple to preserve my wits as the backseat driver), and agreed I would check out the coat racks (for my coat check girl duty for the conference NEXT week) for possible organization later.
Labels: Birthday, cat, celebration, Choir, family, friends, love, organ, seasons, shopping, singing, St. Paul Cathedral, weather

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home