Changeling
Yesterday, Maureen, Karina, and I went to the Maxi Saver Cinema and watched Changeling with Angelina Jolie. (Well, I watched approximately 75% of the movie). The Maxi Saver is a wonderful way to see movies that have been in the theaters for a while (in this case, about 2.75 months). I personally think they are movies that are just about to go on DVD, but the theaters show them for ONE dollar per person. Yep, ONE DOLLAR.
The movie is about a mother whose son disappears. They return the lad to her, except...it's not HER son. She ends up in an LA County mental ward, and the story uncoils from there. Definitely a mystery/thriller-type movie, except it's a true story.
Changeling is quite the movie, with some scenes reminiscent of Road to Perdition. At least that's what I told Mom, who wanted to see the movie, but wanted a description of it. I also told her,
Angelina Jolie--she tends to be in many movies that have depth to them....but they're a little dark, too. (Like the film Girl Interrupted, of which Mom and I saw a part during break.)
After the movie we bought jewelry-making supplies, fruit, and oatmeal (for work) at the W 24-hour superstore.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home