Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Donate Old Reading Glasses and Eyeglasses

Last night, after Pastoral Council meeting I announced that the Philippine American Medical Society is collecting old reading glasses and eyeglasses for their medical mission this year. Fr. Andrew indicated that if I made up a little blurb that he would make an announcement at this morning's televised Mass.

This morning, Matt and I prepared for the Mass. Fr. Andrew indicated that he would incorporate the eyeglasses into the homily. Don stopped by before Mass, and he kindly dropped the box off to its donation spot in the back of the Church. Fr. Andrew intertwined the Gospel reading and the unneeded glasses in the homily. I made neat signage for the box, added an additional box ("You'll need a bigger box!" Fr. Andrew exclaimed to me after Mass), and checked the boxes for donations.

Soon after Mass, there were already a pair of glasses donated in the box at the back of Church.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home