Gather Together, January 2008
Last night, William's family came by for dinner and to celebrate a (belated) Marissa's birthday. We had food from Lulu's Noodle Restaurant which Mom and Dad picked up for us on their way home from a PAMS meeting.
Solomon is getting big and crawling about---what a great nine-month old he is! After dinner, Beatrice and Lola (and subsequently, she played with me) played the Elmo matching game right before they suited up to go out in the cold. The game is very similar to Concentration, with variations on the theme available. Earlier in the evening, Beatrice and I practiced ballet moves.
There was neither choir practice nor choir for this Sunday. It was nice to have a break while Don played a concert this afternoon in New York City. We continued to collect eyeglasses for the medical mission in the Philippines, and Dad had a chance to speak with Fr. Tom after Mass.
The young man who disrupted Mass last Sunday stood on a pew during quiet reflection after Communion and started to "lecture" that we can all be like Christ. The ushers immediately motioned for him to get down off the pew and he was brought to the back of the Church, where the police spoke to him.
Mom, Dad, and I enjoyed lunch at Quiznos sandwich shop. We also sent emails back and forth to Tina P. regarding the appreciation plaque and certificate verbiage to Tina. Mom had written a poem for the certificates.
I spoke with Grace Y and her niece Jenny about their experiences this weekend. I received emails from several friends this weekend. I called Nancy K. and switched dates with her for lectoring this week. She happily obliged.
Labels: Choir, dining, email, family, friends, lector, Mass, medical mission, New York, niece and nephew, thankfulness

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home