How Dedicated Are You
I had a discussion with my long-time friend, Julie, this morning. Amidst talk of family matters (and that matter of the cat getting trapped in the wall during renovations), we spoke about finding a life partner. I described the bimodal age distribution of available men in my geographic area to her---and my existence in the space between the peaks. Julie suggested using a dating service to expedite matters...either on-line or in-person.
"But," I exclaimed, "I believe in the network---that Network of people whom I know---to help me find someone."
"It depends on how much time you have and how dedicated you are to finding someone," she replied, simply.
"Well, I'm in no rush," I stated.
I'm actually pretty relaxed about the whole process. It's probably because I'm willing to accept whatever fate I end up with, as I'm happy with my life as it is now: Mentoring young people. I feel no pressing need to have a "different life."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home