Another first good look
I'm up in the middle of the night: This time, it's my pain medication---I forgot to take my last dose at midnight.
My first good look at my LEFT hip operation was very late this evening (cf. to 9 June 2008 post). All the Steri-strips are in place, held there by dried blood. Armed with the memory of my other hip, I told Mom that I thought that this L hip had a slightly longer incision than the R hip did. As with the R hip, the L hip has a dark, long, linear bruise posterior and parallel to the incision. My drain site is a healed-over small puncture hole inferior and medial to the incision site.
I have been sleeping with two pillows for my legs, each pillow folded in half:
~pillow #1 is used to prop up my operated L leg, so that the foot and leg don't list outward to the left, thereby causing pain. This is necessary because the muscles are not strong enough post-surgery to support the weight of the leg. This function is necessary, as it was last year, too.
~pillow #2 is used to keep the two legs separate and to prevent crossing of the midline by the operated L leg (one of the post-surgery "rules" not to break).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home