Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Day Out!

This morning at about ten o'clock was my first day out since making my way (to my parents') home after surgery. It is a beautiful 80-degree day with a slight breeze. Margie, my physical therapist, and I took a field trip to my home to run a phone errand and to pick up a pill cutter for Dad. Ida presented me with a package from Nancy C.---somethings for Beatrice and for me from her local public library. Upon returning, I did my exercises on my back, and Margie showed me minimal seepage from the upper portion of my incision site (as visible on my removed dressing). She changed the dressing, and left.

I worked on prescribed items as my project this lunchtime, and I then heated lunch for Dad and the guy helping him install shelves in Mom and Dad's storage unit.

This past half hour, I received my anti-coagulant injection (from Mom), and Mom is on her way to the pharmacy to pick up some pills. Sustaining a post-operative patient is time-consuming and exciting(-?).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home