Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thankful Me

In answering some of my emails this morning, I'm realizing how blessed I am:

I have friends and family wishing me well and praying for me...to dance and cartwheel again soon.

I have friends and family reminding me that I need to do my physical therapy (and hidden in that wish is the fact that I underwent a standard surgical procedure that needs mainly only a visit to the surgeon and simple physical therapy as the major follow-ups).

I have friends and family who want to visit me.

I have family who are housing me and bringing me back to health every step of the way (yummy food, shelter, warmth--physical and emotional, medical care, etc. etc.)
~~~
Dad and I watched the Mass from St. Paul Cathedral this morning, with Fr. Kim and Fr. Joshua celebrating, and Debby Z. cantoring. They spoke about spiritual Fathers and how this is the year of vocations to the priesthood.

Mom woke up a short while ago, and we will help her prepare breakfast....
~~~
4.00m
Breakfast was blueberry waffles, with butter topping or butter, whole milk yogurt, fresh blueberries, syrup, sunny-side-up eggs, little sausages, sardines. MmmmMM!

Today Mom helped me to get my anti-coagulant injection, change TED hose and socks, and to change clothes (again).

William, Marissa, and the children came over for dinner. It was a lovely homemade spread of gourd, shrimp, and coconut milk soup; mixed green salad with grape tomatoes, shredded cheese, and dressing; roasted chicken; egg torta; with dessert of blueberries for the children and key lime pie for the rest of us.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home