My first good look
at my incision site was this morning, in the hallway mirror at my parents' home. The incision is ~4 inches long (as measured in the hospital), and the Steri-Strips are beginning their inexorable curling movement away from my skin. I have a "bruise," too, posterior and parallel to my incision, which I didn't see until today. My drain site is a small puncture hole inferior to the incision. I have pain upon pressure to the skin below the drain site.
As described in my last post, I generally am pain-free now.
~~~
9:30pm
1. My pain upon pressure to the area inferior to the drain site is probably due to the stem in my femur, according to my home physical therapist.
2. My pain in my right knee is mainly due to a lack of strength of my hip muscles to hold my right foot aright when supine, resulting in referred knee pain when I get up. Have been trying to fashion a pillow/sling while I sleep.
3. My pain in my L, R groin muscles are mainly pains pre-op, carried over to now. I have to work on strengthening my muscles once I can stand with more weight on my right leg.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home