Friday, June 06, 2008

Every Day, Exponentially Better (So Far)

Everyday has been exponentially better so far. A lot of it is just staying at my parents: Having the good food (and not having to clean); having the daily subcutaneous shot of blood thinner administered by my (physician) mom; not having to deal with stairs; plenteous carpeted walking within the building; happily concerned neighbors and friends (some from Church), the ability to rest when I need to, etc.

I have it good. After my exercises on my back yesterday (some isometric), I walked ~300 feet on one floor's plan. I had called earlier the surgeon's office if I could write and read on my belly--they said fine. Margie, the physical therapist, indicated that we would be working on my belly tomorrow, and on stairs. I did some "tummy time" myself yesterday: rolling like a lumpia from my back onto my belly, stretching the muscles on my belly, writing and reading on my belly! What fun. I hope I am prepared for when Margie arrives late morning.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home