Less pain: Pressure feeling
When I lie on my back, the site of my incision feels as if there is a dressing on the site---there is the sensation of pressure there. The nurse Mark who came to visit said that my swelling would make it feel that way for a while. Also, I need to develop my muscles at my right hip so that my right knee doesn't list outward when I am lying down. He said Margie my PT could help me with that.
Today, I am down to half my discharge date's amount of pain killer in twice the time between administration times. I am happy to be writing that.
Yes, Virginia, you do have to receive daily blood thinner shots in your belly and wear TED hose during the day---to keep the blood clots at bay (at least until I see the doctor). (It's not the most comfortable thing for the receiver of the shots or for the one donning the hose for the wearer.)
I am excited about showering, and about having gone to Mass at noon today, and about seeing my friends Christina L. and her mom, and the Altoids from choir: Lisa P. (and Ken and their brood), Jennifer H., and Ornella V. Linda O. stopped by, too, after cantoring. Also saw Maria and Bob H. as Dad and I departed. The pillow was a life-saver, didn't get up or kneel during the service. That was my goal for this week---to get to Sunday Mass. The air conditioning was a godsend.
Today is hot, humid--and breezy. Mom and Dad have installed the portable A/C units and fans around their home. It is a lazy day around the homefront.
Labels: BAD, Choir, Church, exercise, health, home, Mass, pain, St. Paul Cathedral, surgery, weather

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home