Friday, June 06, 2008

First Time Outside

Today was my first time outside since I arrived home from the hospital. Elaine dropped off Jane's shower chair she is lending to me---what a great, new appliance/toy! As she was departing, Margie the physical therapist arrived, I told her my about my "tummy time" yesterday, and we practiced transferring into the tub using the chair.

I donned my "Dorothy" shoes after the movie, the Wizard of Oz, using my dressing stick, reacher, and long-handled shoe horn. Then we went OUTSIDE for a walk with crutches (saw Jane in the lobby). We crossed the street to St. Paul Cathedral, ran into Joe and Tina (!), and crossed the street back. We made our way to the parklet of my building, and then back inside to document our day, as well as Margie filling in for some of the nursely duties.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home