Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Toys, the Rules, the Weekly Goal

My incision and drain sites are dry as of yesterday, so I have no covering (bandages) over them. My neighbor is lending me a tub chair for showering, so I will use that soon.

I have all kinds of toys/assistive devices to help me bathe, wash, put on and take off clothing, and pick up items: the Reacher, the Dressing Stick, the Long-Handled Credunza (a.k.a the long-handled shoe horn), the "Sock Horn," and the "Walk the Dog" (a.k.a. the leg lifter). I also have a "sponge on a stick," a potty with a raised seat, and the shower chair borrowed from our neighbor Jane.

There are the three rules I cannot break when I am on the mend:
1. Don't bend the angle (between the torso and the leg) less than 90 degrees. [This is tough!! Especially if you are flexible.]
2. Don't cross the midline with the leg.
3. Don't twist (no "Chubby Checker").

I have been actively pursuing PT as a way towards wellness. My home health PT Margie is pleased with my progress.

My goal for this week is to go to Sunday Mass! As my friend Alroy says, "[My] debut will be at Sunday Mass!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home