Thankfulness Posting
Last year I shared my thankfulness song with my orthopedic surgeon. This year, I shared it with my primary care physician, who visited me every day in the hospital.
I have a lot to be thankful for:
Conditions that are relatively easily treated by common, standard procedures;
Kind, highly skilled, competent, and NICE doctors: anesthesiologists, surgeons, pain management team, etc.;
Nurses and nursing assistants who were kind, generous with their time, and on-time with my medications;
post-operative care (nurses, and physical therapists) who have helped me to get to where I am now.
My parents, who care for my basic needs and my dressing and anticoagulant injection and antiembolism stockings every day (NOT a small feat), as well as my snail mail.
Thankful for a "repeat performance" from last year's operation, so that I knew to prepare/ask about:
my IV drips' placements, so they do not interfere with a walker post-operatively;
my type of pain medication, so it does not interfere with my systems so drastically;
my selection of music post-operatively, so that I can enjoy various types of music as I heal.
Labels: exercise, family, music, pain, singing, Songs, surgery, thankfulness

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home