Musicophilia, Teenie Harris
Replaced a lost document this morning. Also got a CD holder and a pair of shoes. Then, I went to a book discussion group about Oliver Sacks's book Musicophilia (which I read when the first edition was released), led by Dorothy at the library. The group had a great dynamic, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Irene, who is two years shy of being a centenarian. After, seven of us met for snacks at Eat N Park...I had a grilled sticky bun a la mode.
~~~~~
This evening I went with Stacy and Gail to the Teenie Harris talk at Carnegie Music Hall. followed by cake and punch at the Carnegie Museum of Art gallery.
We heard a talk by Larry Glasco, history professor at the University of Pittsburgh, presents an illustrated lecture of Teenie Harris' life. We also saw photos and heard commentary by three photographers who participated in the "One Shot" project taken by young children, which was moving. I spotted the image of Mr. Ted, from my bookmobile days to Head Start, in one of the photos. Perhaps his nephew took a photo of him!
Got some baba ghanoosh on my way home.
Labels: Birthday, Carnegie, dining, ice cream, library, museum, music, niece and nephew, photography, photos, read, singing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home