Newman Center and League of Women Voters meetings
Monday night I attended the discussion at the Newman Center led by Frs. Steve and Joshua on Dei Verbum, the Vatican II document: Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation. We discussed excerpts from chapters I and II, and Fr. Joshua mentioned the fact that the document is mentioned in most recent copies of the New American Bible. Fr. Joshua asked for our input on completing the thought of II:7, that is, "In order that the full and living Gospel might always be preserved in the Church, the apostles...
"reproduced themselves (through time) in the Church [as the Bishops]," was my completion of the sentence.
We chatted for a while with Fr. Joshua after the discussion, and Kyle, Franco, Jose, and I walked back to our homes or respective campuses.
~
Tuesday afternoon I attended a League of Women voters meeting which was to be on the issues of the G20 summit. The speaker spoke about the US and Pittsburgh economy and predicted trends for the near future. I met Carol, Laryn, and Ms. Rose and Levy at the meeting. There were a number of CORO individuals there, too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home