First Annual Choir Christmas Party 2009
This morning Maureen and I went to Regent Square for Big muffins, bacon, and (the coffee). We enjoyed a nice talk. Karina and I went for a walk to the public library, a fundraiser at the University William Pitt Union for a woman with leukemia, then for me to take care of administrative stuff at Panther Central. We walked to our respective homes, and I brought salad makings (bagged European salad, Asian ginger dressing, raisins, mandarin orange slices, and herbed chevre) to Jennifer H's home and we prepared chocolate chip cookies (~three dozen).
I acted as navigator to Mariann and Bob's place. The party was in full swing, and I enjoyed a plateful of savory appetizers...and a second helping of Judi's sour cream and cheesy potatoes. Dr. Vince was there, and at the end of the evening he indicated that he would pass on to Dr. Larry my progress. I noted that I am quite pleased with the outcome. He said that the best outcomes of all [joint] surgeries are with hips.
There was singing, singing along with the piano (caroling led by Ken or Don), duets on the piano (piano 4 hands, with Mariann and Bob--the Nutcracker, and with Karen and Doug), duets with piano and violin (Bob and Donna), duets with violin and cello (Donna and Bob). We enjoyed ourselves and the well-appointed tree with multi-year and multi-generational ornaments. Jennifer and I took leave near the end of the evening, after sampling the tiramisu.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home