Halfway Finished Grading, Fall 2009, Parties
I finished ~>halfway grading all my exams tonight. Maureen and I met for smoothies and to see her photos from Lauren's graduation. Karina and I went to Jen and Bri's Christmas party, where we enjoyed the company of Lisa from Jen's church women's group and Svetlana and Igor, as well. I attempted to learn an additional Russian word, bringing my vocabulary to less than a handful of words.
Jen would not let us leave without the bulbs "white paper" that she handed to us, as well as some munchies for the cold weather days and long days of grading.
Karina and I went to Squirrel Hill to Ann's place, for her birthday party. We met her husband outside the apartment and Karina deftly played the game Chancho, both winning and losing a single round (imagine that!). Mlle. Chancho enjoyed her place on the top of the heap, Hannan awoke to our raucous laughter, and we all tiptoed out of the apartment to the cool night air and the clear night sky poured full with stars.
Labels: biology, Church, flowers, international culture, stars, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home