Feast of the Immaculate Conception 2009
Yesterday was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and the second day of practical exams. After administering a practical exam in the morning, I took a nap, had lunch, and graded a page of practicals across sections for a couple of hours. I went to Rosary, Eucharistic Adoration, and Mass at the Oratory. I was joined by Karina and V, a former coworker.
Fr. Mike spoke in his homily about Mary's Immaculate Conception, original sin, and sin in general. He said that he was labelled "Old School" by someone who thought his discussion of sin was such. He said that sin was a "rupture of our relationship to God, and our relationship to our neighbor." V and I liked the homily, which we discussed among other topics over birthday smoothies (mango and coffee) as the rain poured down outside. We chatted for a few hours after Mass and departed for our respective homes in a light drizzle.
Labels: biology, celebration, dining, Faith, friends, Mass, weather, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home