Saturday, December 19, 2009

White, Big Flakes!

Last night while I slept the big, white flakes floated from the sky, coating the trees, ground, and, well, the parking lot. I can hear the sheer surprised voices of the garageman/groundsman bearing shovels when the shovel/truck showed up.

Mary Ann just called me re: Ornella's party. Calls will be made, then an executive decision shortly.
~~~
10.00
After multiple phone calls, it appears that we will have a cozy party of about 8 people at Ornella's farewella. I am in charge of picking up the guest of honor.
~~~~~
17.15
This morning I picked up Maureen, then we met up with Ornella at the coffee shop near the grocery store. I enlisted Ornella's help in ingredient selection for the salad. For example, in selecting the salad greens:
Me: European Mix?
O [scrunching up her nose]: No, something American.
Me: Santa Barbara mix?
O [smiling]: Okay!

And, in selecting the cheese:
Me: Ornella, which cheese to go with all of this?
O: Mozzarella....the small ones.

We had a nice group of about ten folk.


After all others had left, Mary Ann, Nancy, Mary Louise, and I discussed cell phones, cell phone packages, and health care/insurance issues.
~~~~~~~
22.00
smaller flakes on my way back home after watching the movie Evening with Karina and Maureen. A good movie with an all-star cast. I discuss the movie in later posts.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home