Late Night/Early Morn Letter
Hi all from (currently slushy-road) Pittsburgh,
I live in the same town as my brother, WIlliam, and experienced the snows slightly differently.
I live near the campus where I work and have been taking photos every day until Wednesday (after the second wave of storms--see Wm's comment, below). Bundling up and wearing sufficient traction (early on after the snows) and sufficient traction and waterproof footgear (now) has been important. Having had two total hip replacements, I use a cane for security from falling in the snow and icy slush.
I've been to Mass at St. Paul Cathedral every morning since Monday. The 10.00 am Mass on Sunday was well-attended, but it seemed composed mostly of students / people arriving on foot.
I didn't venture out in a car until Friday (yesterday) at lunchtime, with a friend who has a heavy automobile with snow tires.
I was on a bus from downtown Pittsburgh Friday night when the first wave of storms hit--I ended up walking ~1mile from the highway exit to home, as cars and buses were stuck in the snow.
I am thankful...I remember the days growing up in Ohio when I was the main snow shoveller in my immediate family and REVELLED in it (!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home