Snowbound 7 Thursday
This is the first day the University of Pittsburgh will resume normal operations.
I went to morning Mass this morning. Fr. Utz celebrated the Mass, Fred lectored, John served at the altar, and Don provided music ministry. Approximately ~24 people received the Eucharist in the congregation. I talked to Don after Mass about choir practic, travel, travelling the roads, and preparedness for snow storms.
I plan to stop by campus today.
~~~
19.15
After breakfast, I promptly went home and took a long nap. Auntie Benita woke me up with a phone call. We chatted for a bit, mostly about being snowbound.
I went to M + D's to make some photocopies before heading to campus with Maureen to drop off my students' papers and to notify them of that fact.
We dropped off my DVDs at the Carnegie public library, and then we looked for travel books and DVDs. I saw and said hello to Kathy, head of the music library, and chatted for a bit with her and HK, one of my students who was glad that we were off from class this week.
Maureen and I peeled off our boots/clogs to warm up (with the help of some tea), and then I asked her to take some of my magazines. We headed out, she to her home and me to meet Charles for dinner.
Charles and I enjoyed dinner and I a coconut smoothie at the pan-Asian restaurant. I gave him a keep-the-house-warm housewarming gift, and we chatted for a while.
I stopped by Mom and Dad's place, and am checking my email and catching up on my blog.
Labels: blogs, Carnegie, cold, dining, email, library, Mass, music, school, seasons, traction, transportation, travel, weather, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home