Saturday, February 20, 2010

Woke Up Early This Morning...

I awoke ~4am this morning to work on some thank you letters for the medical society and on a recommendation, as well.

~~~
Let's roll back to what has happened since the last posting.

Mom made chicken noodle soup. Yum.

Andy and Owen hosted snacks. Yum. From Saucalito (Quinoa-stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, fruit salad, and varied juices, etc.).

I lectored on Friday, John De served, Don provided music ministry, and Fr. Breier celebrated the Mass. John De's birthday was Ash Wednesday. About forty-eight parishioners received the sacrament of the Eucharist. I wished Dad a happy birthday after Mass.

Friday after work, which included meeting with a couple of students about their presentation, with a colleague over tea about a recommendation (what a lovely place she works in), and returning the protocols from this week to the students I went home for lunch and a nap. I returned to work to prepare for the quizzes for next week, to prepare the "room and board," and to enter grades in the grade sheet. I returned ~17:20 and arrived at ~17:45. Mom indicated we would meet William's family at the pan-Asian restaurant to celebrate Dad's birthday at 18.30. I quickly sneaked off to get a chocolate-iced pound cake (with colorful curly candles) for our celebration. We all enjoyed our dinner, sharing gifts made by the children (mobiles!), photos taken by Dad, and dinner, of course. It was the first try of milk-diluted smoothies by the children. They seemed to enjoy them in their own ways. Solomon seemed to be teething.
~~~
I went back to sleep ~6.30 this morning and awoke again ~9.10. I haven't been sleeping as regularly as I used to for about a month now, but the irregularity is less obvious for the past week and a half now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home