Easter Week 2010
Easter Week 2010--I had my Monday and Thursday classes rate their classes (via the Office of Measurement and Evaluation) this week. One of my current students, K, was the evaluator from OMET today ("You can say what you REALLY think of this class. I won't see the evaluations until after your grades are posted.") As usual, I dressed for photosynthesis week.
I had two students request recommendations from me: One, a current student, K, for pharmacy school, and the second, a former student, Y, for rehabilitation sciences school. Just today C, a former student, told me that she had switched from pre-pharmacy to nutrition and dietetics, and hopes to go to graduate school in genetic counseling.
My birthday was fun!! Tuesday was my Pilipina celebration for lunch at Taco Bell with Mom, Dad, Auntie Chi, Marissa, and the two children. We then went around the Waterworks Mall. We ran into Les and Chere there. Tuesday night William and his family took me out for dinner at Sun Penang, a Malaysian restaurant in Squirrel Hill. We enjoyed an eggplant dish (spicy), a tofu dish, chicken coconut milk fried rice, shrimp dim sum, and Asian sponge cake for dessert (as per Beatrice's request). We also went to Cold Stone Creamery for Solomon and my birthday ice cream. I had dark chocolate ice cream with brownie mix-ins (a la Steve's, now defunct in Harvard Square).
Wednesday when I arrived about 15.30 at Mom and Dad's we had a homemade carrot cake with whipped cream icing. Mom, Dad, Auntie Chi sang to me, and I blew out the candles. We enjoyed the cake, and then drove Auntie Chi to the airport. I took an hour nap, then it was time for parish pastoral council. We had pizza, cake, and drinks. We broke into break-out groups and Roseanne and I worked on the web page together with Fr. Kim. Quite productive. Roseanne and I prioritized the work.
Labels: biology, Birthday, chocolate, family, family-Marissa, ice cream, niece and nephew, pastoral council, sleep, St. Paul Cathedral, student, transportation, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home