Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hand Tests, March 2010

I have had hand pain for about a week and a half now, alleviated with ~500mg acetaminophen p.r.n. I saw my general practitioner/ primary care physician last week, who ordered nerve tests and X rays for me, which I had this morning.

Scott did the nerve tests on my dominant hand. The nerve tests consisted of first stimulating a standard set of nerves in the affected hand and observing the results on a computer. This caused a feeling of a small shock, then a corresponding muscle twitch. The second nerve test consisted of utilizing tiny needles to deliver the impulse to the arm, and then asking the patient to gently flex or extend affected muscles distally. This test had the results displayed on a computer and hooked up to a speaker, so one could hear the results "talking." My results turned out okay, and Scott indicated that it just may be that I have tendinitis, and that I need to ice my hand regularly.

Greg took three X ray films / views of each hand, first one of the hand (palm down, and open) and then two views (at different angles) of modified "OK" signs. Greg indicated that my views looked fine. I am pleased!

Stopped by the pharmacy to pickup some ibuprofen, but the pharmacy was out of it until this afternoon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home