Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shaking the Bug...

Thursday I rested, didn't go to our last choir practice of the season, and ate a banana in the afternoon.

Friday I was feeling up to par, so I went to a CIDDE training class, What's new with BlackBoard 9.1
I picked up an article across campus and I became the driver for Mom to her eye appointment across the Allegheny River, as Dad had fallen prey to the gastrointestinal bug. We had lunch of breaded whitefish, mac and cheese, and strawberry pie; and stopped in Sears Optical to check out the glasses there. We also went shopping.
I joined the drumming group Friday night, and Regina, Les and Cherie, and William and Beatrice also joined. Beatrice provided percussion via the shakers, and we all applauded her work at the end. She even high-fived Kevin, the drum circle group facilitator, when he held out his hand.

~~~
Woke early to organize my travel papers, and close to nine o'clock Maureen and I went to Peace, Love, and Little Donuts. I enjoyed a strawberry cheesecake donut and a maple donute, and brought home an Oreo donut. Maureen loves her jimmies donuts.

We visited Saint Stanislaus church, and the church guy provided a medal and prayer card of St. Jude, touched by relics of St. Stanislaus and St. Aloysius, for Mom, who is healing a fractured rib.

Quite the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home