Friday, June 17, 2011

Lunch Out, Choir Practice; Lector at Mass

Yesterday I had lunch out with Marissa and the children. We both got side salad bars, and, thus, the children enjoyed them, too.

We accomplished much at choir practice last night, despite my yawning!

~~~~~
This morning I lectored at morning Mass, Fr. Breier celebrated the Mass, John was the server, and Ken provided music ministry at the portative organ. Sally D. was the Eucharistic Minister, and about 30 people from the congregation received Communion.

I went to Big Bird's palenke this afternoon, and saw Brs. Paul and Dennis as we all headed into the building.

Finished the first go at reservations for field trips and guest speakers for my Fall 2011 First-Year Student Programs (i.e.-- Freshman Programs) class. How fulfilling was that?

I drove William home late this afternoon, where Marissa had prepared a dinner of pasta and salad (which I assembled). The children enjoyed (?-- some more than others) the Smiley cookie. One of them was sent upstairs for enjoying at another's expense.

Solomon and I read some books together. I was informed of Beata's acceptance into the Pittsburgh Public Schools' Montessori program. After hesitantly given hugs, I departed to go for a walk with Maureen, but not before wishing them all a safe trip.

Maureen and I walked down Walnut Street and then down Ellsworth Avenue's shopping districts. We stopped in at the NEW gelato place, which employed one woman and several more young men. I had a small gelato of Tiramisu with Vanilla Custard atop it. Maureen had a cone of chocolate coffee gelato.

We walked back to my car, and I drove around the block to give her a ride home.

~~~~~
We talked about how, to be in a relationship, one must be open to engaging in a relationship. I noted that the "neighborhoodies" on an open-air wooden patio deck at a local sandwich shop/ cafe appeared to be absorbed by their computers, and would probably never look up from their work to meet/ chat up someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home