Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Maureen's Birthday

So, it was Maureen's birthday. This was dad's first morning Mass since returning from Russia. After morning Mass we went to her car, drove to our favorite bakery in Lawrenceville (stopping to retrieve cold and hot drinks at the Get Go on the way), and sat on the edge of the City Cafe's terrace (where we were greeted by a man who reminded us of the benefit of using reusable cups for beverages). We met the doggies Bernstein, Olive, and Oscar.

I went to appointments and to campus Cathedral computer lab yesterday afternoon. Maureen and I walked after 19.30, I said hi to 2 of my former students, Yolandi and Carly, and ran into Dorina from choir and Yvonne (formerly of Bible study).

We scoped out new photos on Facebook, and chatted for a bit.

~~~~~~~
Today, I attended morning Mass: Frs. Nick V. and Brian Noel concelebrated the Mass (Ss. Peter and Paul). John was the altar server, Don provided the music ministry from the choir loft, and Dad was working television ministry. Dad and I chatted with Fr. Brian Noel's parents after Mass.

I worked on adjusting my packed bags and their corresponding lists this morning, then listened to the alto practice CD. I met up with Don to practice several songs: Sicut Cervus, Locuste Iste, and Donde Hay. He mentioned key places to provide support of breath, separation of notes. He also mentioned generally vowel shape, taking effective breaths, no sliding of notes, etc.

Very helpful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home