Friday, June 03, 2011

My Greatest/ Biggest Fear...almost came true Yesterday!!

At 12.20 yesterday I was crossing Centre Avenue (in the crosswalk) and was nearly killed by a motorist. What saved me was
1. the fact that he had his window rolled down
and
2. my big mouth yelling, "HEY!!!" REALLY loudly at the dude.

He responded out of the window with a "Sorry," after having almost hit someone in a loud print of black and white dress and a large suitcase on wheels.

Two gentlemen dining at a restaurant at the same corner saw the whole incident. I addressed them, saying, "He was AIMING for me!!"

"Yeah, I know," one of the fellows responded.

How delicate the balance is, between life and death.

I said to Mom soon after that too many people forget that they are driving a two thousand pound bullet when they get behind the wheel of a car.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home