Lab 2 Week
I worked Sunday on prepping for lab 2. Mom, Dad, and I had lunch at home.
Yesterday, Monday, at about 7.45 Jenny CD and I met up and she drove up to Mt. Washington, we took the incline down to Station Square, which we explored and watched the water show (mostly Disney movie music). We crossed Carson Street to go back to the Incline, and headed to Carnegie Mellon University to pick up Sam, Jenny's husband's intern, for breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast at Regent Square (the streets "look like Marietta" to quote Jenny), where I had grits cakes with chorizo gravy and two eggs, Jenny had ricotta lemon pancakes, and Sam enjoyed an omelette. We dropped Sam off in time to attend class in Oakland, and then headed to the Strip District.
We enjoyed the Contemporary Craft gallery, where we took photos and then stopped at Mon Amie for some Vosges milk chocolate bacon, and at Love, Peace, and Little Donuts for a maple and bacon donut. We took photos of the ACME Banana Co., and then headed to Troy Hill and explored the garden by St. Anthony's Chapel before the doors opened. Carole gave us a brief tour of the chapel and all its relics.
Jenny dropped me off at Oakland in time for me to visit the computer lab, visit office hours, and sit in on my colleague S's class for the evening Monday.
~~~~
I made contacts with some friends and colleagues from before this morning, and taught this afternoon.
I had a small dinner and plenty of snacks this evening before emailing and catching up with correspondance this evening.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home