Lectoring, Choir, and Picnics
Last Friday I lectored at Mass. John served and Don provided music ministry. About 35 people received Holy Communion.
Sunday was the choir's first day singing after our summer concert tour. We sang, among other items, "Abide by Me," and Ave Verum Corpus by Weaver. This fall we will sing more Palestrina, as well. The US is re-doing its translation of the Latin Mass, and that will start with changes in what we sing in October, followed by the rest of the whole Mass changes in December. The whole parish had our annual picnic outdoors after Mass Sunday. Much food, fun, and fellowship ensued.
I had my building picnic Sunday evening after the parish/Church picnic. Delicious food and fun with neighbors.
Monday I observed Abby for this week's laboratory lesson, and chatted with Maureen and Cherie about educational issues last night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home