Friday, January 06, 2012

Visitors to Mom and Dad's

Phyllis and Gene stopped by to visit Mom and Dad this Tuesday through Thursday. I stopped by work to print email attachments, Mom and I went shopping in Bloomfield before Phyllis and Gene stopped by. Wednesday night we talked to Joyce's family via Internet/computer audiovisual link (via Skype). It was fun to see Benny's antics and to see how animated Miranda is. Their four-part painting with the unifying butterfly was beautiful. The girls (Phyllis, Mom, and I) also played UpWords, which is always great fun.

Thursday morning I left, bidding them adieu, to depart for my work pre-lab meeting for both Foundations laboratories. Because there is a choir hiatus/vacation, I took the bus downtown to see the nativity/ creche/ belen scene, then walk to the Sonoma Grille to meet Susan for dessert. I had the pumpkin pecan tart, with side blebs of honey-glazed pumpkin, candied pecans, and cream cheese bourbon creme anglaise. She had the pear deep-dish (individual) pie. The conversation was sparkling, and we walked in the warm(er) night to her car, seeing architectural features, Point Park's expansion (including their new urban park), a robot fix-it shop, and her workplace on the way.

I took a great nap today. I asked Elia for genetics questions. I met with Darve for a recommendation. I also spoke with Stacey (by phone) and Elia (in person) about my meiosis II (anaphase II and telophase II) questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home