Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wellesley College Alumnae Association- Alumnae Leadership Council 2012

This past weekend I traveled to the Boston area for the Alumnae Leadership Council at my alma mater.    I graded everything the students needed to do their work for this week, and returned it to them.  I left Friday evening on the bus after our afternoon meeting and after dinner and bringing a pork bao with me.  A single rolling backpack was my sole carry-on item.  After delays, the flight departed about an hour after it was scheduled to leave, and I made my way to the red  line T stop closest to Julie and her family.  I then caught a taxi to her home, where I usurped Frankie (a.k.a Bun Buns) from his playroom position.

Early Saturday morning at about three Julie said it rained, with thunderation  and lightning!  I slept soundly, and we all awoke early Saturday---Julie, her mom, and her daughter C---to share breakfast together and to watch the Blue Belugas play soccer against the Red team in Cambridge.  Julie then drove me to the Red Line T, and I took it toward South Station, where I caught a commuter rail train to Wellesley Square.

I was soon joined by a little girl and her father who were headed to Framingham for a Hallowe'en party.        It was a pleasure to chat with them, and think that perhaps she is a Wellesley '30+...

The walk to campus around the Arboretum and the Science Center was pleasant, with many photo opportunities.  After chatting with Lucy, a student of Mala R's, after the student panel, I rode the bus with my roommate Kim L, and with Susan L, and Monique G to our hotel.  Kim shared with me the video game for which her husband for the company before going to sleep.

After Sunday breakfast at the hotel, we rode the bus and I sat next to Amy W at the Multifaith service. More meetings and lectures ensued, and my classmates and I sat together at the lunch which featured the College President, Kim Bottomly, as the speaker.

Afterwards, I gathered my bag, tried to print my boarding pass, and called Cean so that we could meet up.  We took a walk to a computer lab in the Academic Quad (to print out a boarding pass), noted the prefrosh visiting, talked about our families, and ended up at Maggie Clapp Library G level, where I interviewed a student Michelle about campus.

We then attended the Eucharistic service at Houghton Memorial Chapel, and walked back to the parking structure via Tower Court complex and Lake Waban.

Cean kindly drove me to Logan International Airport, and I had a panini sandwich for dinner.  I sat next to a budding archeaologist, Lilly, who had just left her research in Greece. Mom and Dad picked me up at the airport, with my one little rolling backpack.

All in all, a great, inspirational weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home