Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmastide 2013

William and family had dinner at Lolo and Lola's at the end of last week.  We babysat the children at the end of last week, as well.

Kelly arrived with Kyle early this week, and stayed at Lolo and Lola's.  Tuesday (Christmas Eve) Kelly, Kyle, and I ran errands on the South Side and in Shadyside before picking up a couple of sandwiches for Kelly near Bakery Square, and heading to Marissa and William's to decorate cookies with the children (and I to nap swiftly).  We all transported to Lolo and Lola's for dinner at four o'clock, as Lolo served as Eucharistic Minister of Communion at the six o'clock Mass.  William's family opened gifts while Lolo was away, and I left soon after Lolo arrived from Mass; I to go to choir practice at a little after eight o'clock.

Christmas Eve, the choir sang (accompanied by Carnegie Brass and Ken at the organ):
Fanfare & Variations on Noel Nouvelet- R. Haan- Carnegie Brass& Organ (CB & O)
And all the stars looked down - R. Farrell
Gaudete - arr. R. Batastini
O Magnum Mysterium - G. Gabrieli - CB & O
A Boy was born - R. Farrell
Riu, Riu, Chiu - Medieval Spanish Carol
ALL SING:  Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
Coventry Carol - M. Shaw
See Amid the Winter's Snow - J. Goss
Christmas Proclamation - Bishop Zubik
Processional Hymn:  O Come, All Ye Faithful - arr. Cherwien
Christmas Gloria - arr. D. Laginya
Psalm 96 - J. Chepponis
Preparation of Gifts: Good Christian Friends, Rejoice - In Dulci Jubilo segue into version by M. Praetorius
Acclamations by R. Proulx
Agnus Dei - Latin chant
Communion music:  The First Nowell, Christmas Lullaby - J. Rutter, Silent Night
Recessional:  Joy to the World - arr. Jenkins
Organ Postlude- In dir ist Freude - J.S. Bach


I walked with Joe W (Dad & Mom's neighbor) back in the windy, crisp, cold night.  At Mom and Dad's we ate (Mom, Dad, Kelly and Kyle, and I), then opened presents.  William's family had already left, and were preparing to leave Christmas morning at approximately six o'clock for Illinois.
~~~~
Christmas morning I chopped garlic for Kelly and Kyle's preparation of their homemade longanisa patties for longsilog for all three of us plus Mom and Dad.

Kelly and Kyle left shortly after, which was right before I went to church at ~11.10 for a brief practice in the choir loft before noon Mass on Christmas Day.  The order of music was slightly different, but with the same pieces as Christmas Eve.

I took two well-deserved naps Christmas Day afternoon, and worked on paperwork for work for about two hours in the evening.

~~~~~
Today, which is Boxing Day/ St. Stephen's Day, I walked to the new North Oakland CVS about a quarter mile or so.  I selected four boxes of Christmas items, as well as two beauty items.  I took the bus home to retrieve a coupon, and walked back, re-selected two beauty skin care  products, and purchased all.  I then walked back home.
I had some snack-y items for lunch, and took two long naps, as I did Christmas Day.  I spent a nice chunk of time working on problems on paper for work.  I am waiting for Mom to awaken so that Dad, Mom, and I can go to Homestead to shop and dine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home